Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

All Aboard!!!

Thursday evening we took the kids on a train ride based on the The Polar Express children's book. We heard about it last year but the tickets were completely sold out so this year we bought them right when they went on sale in September. We cozied the kids up in their jammies, went to dinner and then to the train station. Once they heard the roaring whistle of the train they beamed with excitement. We had to wait in line for about 15 minutes and it was so cold. They served cookies and hot chocolate while they narrated the book on our way to the North Pole. They also had servers that tap danced through the aisle. The kids were so into it. Once again, I forgot my video camera. Some mom, huh? After arriving at the North Pole, Santa came on board and talked to each of the kids, posed for pictures and gave each child a silver bell. If you haven't read the book or seen the movie... go get it before Christmas. You'll understand why he gives out bells. It's a wonderful movie for kids and grown ups. Well do this again next year for sure ... I'm all about traditions. While we were on the train, I said I'd like to make this a tradition. Brian laughed and said he could see me making M and K go on the train in their jammies when their 15 and 13.



Before the train took off.


Brrrr, it's cold. Look at my red nose! Finally a few decent pictures of me with the kids. (usually it's Brian and K)


He was so excited.


He did this when he saw the hot (barely warm) chocolate and cookies coming.


He liked it.


So did she. What a mess!


Couldn't help but post this one of the boys. They have such a special relationship.


The big guy. He gave them each a jingle bell.


Singing jingle bells on the way back to the station. She'll sing it at the top of her lungs (unless you ask her too, then it's Old MacDonald.)

Yeah, I'm off for an entire week over Christmas. My shopping is done and my gifts are wrapped. I can't wait.

No comments: