Pages

Monday, March 3, 2008

Weekend activities

On Saturday, Brian and the kids planted 4 blueberrry trees, carrots and cilantro in the backyard. We're going to get an orange tree also but haven't yet. The kids enjoyed themselves but it was pretty cold outside so Brian did it mostly on his own. We won't have any blueberries for at least a season or two but the kids will love picking and eating the blueberries when they come in.


Digging and getting the soil ready


Putting in the blueberries


I had called Dyan on Friday and asked if they wanted to come over for a BBQ on Sunday. Just my luck, I woke up to the news on Sunday morning saying there was a wind advisory for the day. Of course, I didn't need a news report to know that. It was blowing our chairs and trampoline over. Kids ride on toys were blowing across the backyard. Called Dyan and we decided we were BBQing anyway. We already had most of the food together. They came over around 3:30 and I had made a pitcher of Sangria so we decided to brave the elements and hang out in the backyard. Luckily, it had died down a lot. Still some small gusts but the kids were really having fun out there. We also learned that it's hard to grill in winds like that. The chicken had a yummy flavor but turned out a bit, um, "charred" as Brian called it. They left and were getting into their car and M and I were watching them through our windows in the front and he said "wait, I want to tell them something else." I opened the door and out he ran to D's (Dyan's son) side of the car. Dyan opened the door and M said "I love you." He can be just the sweetest. This evening after Dyan and I went to the gym as we were leaving he ran back over the M (Dyan's daughter) and said "I love you". Then they hugged each other. After we got in the car he said "they have fun with us Mom." They are the closest people we have to family up here.


I don't think they were thrilled about getting their pictures taken


This morning when we were in the Starbuck's drive-thru M said "do you wish you had your coffee now, Mom?" I told him "yes, but we have to wait in line and be patient." Then he said, "yeah, you can't say I WANT COFFEE" in his loudest voice. It was so funny.

K has been extra cute lately too. When we left the gym tonight she told the babysitter "have a good day." And, while she was having her orange this morning she looked at me and said, "delicious." She follows me around all day wants a "hug" and "kiss". She does it to Roscoe too.


Things she loves (K)...

Getting her jammies on.
Brushing her teeth.
Anything with sugar.
Pigs...obsessively. If you're out shopping and she sees one, you're done!
Roscoe and Mason
Yogurt.
Playing outside.
Cuddling. We call her the Baby Bear.
Coloring in the bathtub.
Juice.
Ring around the rosies.


Things he loves (M)...

Scooby Doo.
Sharks and Dinosaurs.
Green apples.
Mommy and Daddy's bed... my pillow.
Sweatshirts with hoods, they have to have hoods!
His frog boots
Trains...still
Play-Doh
Tom and Jerry cartoons


After baths tonight. Do they look alike or what? I ran a antique action on this one in Photoshop. I'm not sure if I like it or not.


The original version

No comments: