Pages

Monday, March 17, 2008

Discovery Kingdom

Saturday morning my mom came up here and we decided to go to Discovery Kingdom. We took a really big chance because there was a 70% change of thunderstorms and showers. The sky was so blue and pretty that we decided we wouldn't tell the kids and would drive there and if it looked bad we would go to plan B which we weren't sure of yet. We got there and it was a little chilly but blue skies and almost completely empty. It was perfect! We never waited in line for a ride... I mean never. We walked right on and most of the time, we were the only ones on it. I had no idea they had so many things for the kids to do. M like the Shouka the Whale show the most but I think K likes the Dolphin show. M and K both liked the new Thomas the Train Town. We had a blast. Stayed until about 4:00 when were completely pooped, had a funnel cake and left. The kids couldn't have been better the entire time there either. I asked K and M to get in the stroller and THEY DID, every time. It was amazing. I hope they are that good at Disneyland. My camera battery died about 3 hrs into the day... I was so sad. I had camera withdrawal. Of course, right after my camera died we went into the butterfly exhibit where the most beautiful butterflies I have ever seen are just flying all around you and sometimes they even land on you. The pictures would have been just awesome. We hadn't really planned to go because of the weather so I wasn't prepared! There's always next time.

My mom stayed all weekend and went home this afternoon. We hung out at home most of the day on Sunday. It was so windy outside. I took the kids to a birthday party in the afternoon and my mom stayed home and did my laundry. I love my mom!


I love this one of M. He ate the whole corn dog!


K NOT eating lunch. She never eats anymore... grrgh.


If only K were looking. The Bertie the Bus ride in Thomas Town.

Will post more later. We colored easter eggs this morning and I have some pictures to post. We're going to the St. Patrick's Day parade on Old Sac tonight. Should be fun.

No comments: