Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Park play

Today was such a nice day and both of our husbands were gone so Dyan and I took the kids to the park at around 5:00 pm and had a picnic dinner there. We stayed until around 7:20. I love daylight savings time. They had a great time. I'm sure they will all sleep tonight. M was so sweaty. It's getting a little bit easier with K. I'm not as worried about her falling off the park equipment as I am her running off. A couple of times tonight, I turned my head to deal with M for 2 seconds and I turned back and she was gone. Not gone, just not where she was playing before. My heart just sank each time, thank gosh only for a few seconds. She has no fear, doesn't turn back to see if I'm following her. So different that how M was at that age. She was exhaused on the way home and having a huge fit (because she couldn't get the bow out of her hair) and M goes "she's a pill!" That cracks me up. One day he asked me what that meant because I said it to K.

It's been a rough few days around here. M was sick with cough, runny nose and fever. He had to miss school and Brian had a stomach thing going on. Poor guy had them (the kids) for 3 days in a row and was sick. I worked and then had a mandatory meeting. They are better now. Yesterday M fell and smacked his face on the floor, had a huge bloody nose (saturated a washcloth) and now has some abrasions to his upper lip and lower lip. You can see it in the pictures. No, I didn't beat him.

K loves the swings for about 2 minutes.


M picking flowers for me.


K on the seesaw. Cute even though she's squinting. She needs some shades.


My poor sick guy. Look at his abrasion and fat lip.

Off to bed. Melissa

No comments: