Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Mason's 7th Birthday!

Mason wanted to have a sleep-over this year to celebrate his birthday and Brian and I were crazy enough to say yes.  We had 5 boys come over (all 6 and 7 year olds).  Mason was on top of the world, I could see in his face how proud he was to have all of his friends at our house.  It went very well, the boys were easy and all got along great.  We didn't have to do a lot of organized activities because they were happy jumping on the trampeline and playing in the playroom.  They also had a blast chasing each other around the house with their weapons of choice ... light sabers, swords and nerf guns. 

A group picture of all of the kids together.  Not bad, huh?  It was difficult to get the kids to stop playing for a photo.


Buddies.  I'm so excited by how this one turned out.


4 at a time on the trampeline.  Any more than that, we would have had injuries for sure.


Mason, showing off his skills.


Boys are so much easier than girls, if I would have had 5 girls over, I'm sure there would have been some drama and tears.  I'm sure I would have needed to have more activities for them.


Pizza time ... none of the kids ate much because they couldn't wait to play.  They surely didn't eat any fruit.  Parents, I tried.  They also didn't brush their teeth before bed ... sorry again, my fault.  When I remembered to have the kids brush their teeth, they were all tucked away in bed (and I wasn't about to get them all up)!


Scavenger Hunt.


What do we need? 


Mason insisted on having an ice cream cake.  It was delicious.


Make a Wish!!


Time to open gifts, I couldn't get a good picture because all of the kids were up so close.


So excited!


They were packed in like sardines.  Snug as a bug in a run.  They watched Megamind before going to bed and let me tell you, it was dead silence.  They loved it.  At bedtime, one of the boys came up to my room and complained about one of the other boys so I went downstairs and asked them if they'd like me to sleep on the sofa next too them.  They all exclaimed, "NO"!  I told them if I had to come downstairs again, I would!  That worked.


They woke up early ... 6 am.  They hadn't played the Wii at all so we said it was fine in the morning.  They took turns well.


Waffles and bacon for breakfast.


Buddies.

1 comment:

~she~ said...

Wow...what a great mom! At 6:00 AM, I would have told them to eat straight from the box of cereal...I wouldn't have made waffles and bacon!

The picture of all the kids is great! That will be priceless when he's all grown up!