Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

BIG News ... No more training wheels!

Kyla has been asking us to take her training wheels off for about 2 weeks.  She's not afraid of anything (but scary noises and rain).  She practiced 3 times before she got the hang of it.  It's a bit of a challenge getting starting but once she gets going, no problem.  Big smiles ... she's so proud of herself.  She's 5, you know (as she says often).


 She's geared up and ready to go.


Dad gives her a little help getting going.


And she's off!  Woo-hoo!  Go, Kyla.


I can't believe how fast she's growing up.


I absolutely love this photo.  Just look at her attitude.  Bring it on.


Funny - Mason asked us the other day why he didn't have a nickname and said he wanted one.  We asked him what his nickname would be and he said, "How about Fire and Ice!"  Brian and I just cracked up.  Of course, Kyla said she needed a nickname as well and it would be Barbie.  The things they say.

We're looking forward to summer around here.  It's bittersweet for me ... I love not being rushed, rushed with all of the school activities and homework but man it sure is nice having a break from the kids.  Kyla doesn't get out of preschool until the end of June.  I can't believe I only have one more month of childcare to pay for!  Oh, yea!!  We don't have any big vacations planned but I'm sure we'll do tons of camping.  We all enjoy it so much.  I'm really wanting to go to Disneyland again but we definitely wouldn't go in the summer, maybe one of the kids breaks from school.

I'm a bit bummed out.  I was planning on selling my cards at the Craft Fair last Saturday but we found out about 3 days before the event that the Craft Fair was cancelled for good.  I had 115 cards done and ready to be sold!  I am on the lookout for another Craft Fair.  I listed a few cards on Etsy.com but I don't think they'll sell.  There are something like 22,000 cards on Etsy for sale.  If you'd like to see my creations, click HERE

2 comments:

The Esslinger Family said...

Way to go Kyla!! That's our plan this summer for Dax too!! I love checking out your blog! Miss you!!

JJ Roa Rodriguez said...

i love stories about kids growing up. as i have helped my sisters' take care of their kids when i was still back home in the philippines. nice story.