Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Vacation - Sea World

A few weeks ago we went on vacation to Southern California.  Our 1st stop was Sea World.  The kids have never been and we haven't been in a long time.  We were a little concerned about the weather - it had rained the night before and was a little drizzly but the day couldn't be better.  There were no crowds, that's for sure ... it was empty.  We especially loved seeing the polar bears and all of the shows were great.  I had to make a few collages, I had quite a few nice photos.





Silly mirrors.  I love M's face in the last one.



The kids played a game and each one a seal (against Dad).  Boy, were they excited about that.  The kids are chasing that poor bird in the other pictures.




The flamingos paraded through on their way to their habitat.  That was a cool sight to see.  We were glad that we made it in to see the polar bears early in the morning because we went back both afternoons to see them again and they were all napping!  It was hard to tell whether we were watching the dolphins or they were watching us.  They kept coming over and looking at us, doing tricks and making their sounds.



Good times.



Petting the bat rays.  At first we couldn't get M to touch them (although he'll touch any kind of reptile) and then we couldn't get him out of there.


The trip was amazing, I'm finally getting everything unpacked because I went to Las Vegas last weekend.  All is back to normal now and we're staying in town for a while.

M lost his 4th tooth ... all of them on the bottom and already has another tooth growing in.  He's been a handful at home but is doing great in school (is that supposed to tell me something).  He has passed all of his 1st grade words, got 100% on his Ch 2 Math Test and is reading Level 2 books easily.  I think he's ready for chapter books.  I get to go on a Field Trip to the Pumpkin Patch with his school tomorrow.  I'm excited, I haven't been on a school bus in a loooong time.

K's also doing well in school although she doesn't want to practice letters at home.  She always just says she doesn't know how but knows most of them.  She cried for 20 minutes today because she missed Daddy and Mason.  "I just love my family so much ... why does everybody have to go to work?"  Cry, sob.  "Cuddle me, Mama."  She's sensitive.  If I so much as raise my voice, she'll say, "Are you mad or disappointed AT ME?"  This morning she came in (early) and spooned and cuddled me and then looked at me and said, "You are the cutest Mama on earth."  It's not all roses with her though, after picking M up from school today, we went to the park.  She puffed and pouted because she didn't have anyone to play with.  At one point she was laying and crying at the bottom of the slide.  Ugh.

Working on Legoland pictures ... hopefully will post soon.

Had to post this because otherwise it wouldn't make it into the blog book.

No comments: