Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Big Time Wrestling

It was such a nice evening tonight, we decided to hang out outside.  We blew bubbles and then laid out a blanket and read a huge stack of books from the library.  M gave me a kiss while we were reading and said, "This is fun".  Well, after we were done reading, the kids started playing wrestling with each other.  Our grass is thick and lush so they loved rolling around in it.  I couldn't help but get my camera out and snap a few pictures.


The sky was so beautiful ... I just had to have a picture of them together.  I had to beg and plea to get this one but then they put their arms around each other on their own.  She's almost as tall as him.



And definitely as tough.  M said, "Man, she is strong!"



I'm sure the neighbors were wondering what was going on.  Just a good ol' wrestling match.  White trash, are we?  Love M's face in this one.  K went in for a kiss.  M's such a stinker.  The other day he said, "I love my family".  Then he clarified ... "Well I mean, I love Mom and Dad". 



Big tackle.  I shouldn't have been encouraging this, huh?




Kung-Fu K.



Funny.  M is on break from school next week but I looked in his folder and saw a homework packet.  Well, since we're going to be gone next week, I told him we needed to get as much done this weekend as we could.  Well, he was a big crab-apple and began to whine and complain about how he didn't want to.  A few minutes later, I was reader the weekly newsletter and told him that the homework wasn't due until the 15th!  He immediately began dancing and singing, 'Who Let The Dog's Out'?  It was hysterical.

A little something about K that when she's a teenager, she'd kill me for sharing.  Well, how do I say this ... she passes gas - OFTEN!  Oh my gosh, several times a day I'll hear a little toot-toot or smell something funny and M and I will just laugh because we know it's her.  How could something so foul come out of her delicate little body.  Wow.  Must be all the fruit that girl eats.  I sometimes have to cut her off and just tell her she's had enough fruit.  Wish I had that problem with M.  The fruit problem that is.

M's doing great in school.  He was part of the "Doubles Club" last week and learned his doubles (1 + 1 ... up to 12 + 12) in 7 days!  They had a little party to celebrate.  I've realized that everything is a party in first grade.  Boy, does he love his teacher.  She's adorable and so good.  He was the Daily Dazzler today and was so excited about it this morning.  He said he got to sit in the big chair next to her and was her helper.  He was also allowed to bring something in to share with the class.  Of course he brought his Star Wars Lego Book.  M's school did so well on their testing last year that they are in the top 3% of all public schools in Sacramento County.  They have the 13th highest API score out of the 404 schools.  Woo-Hoo.

1 comment:

~she~ said...

Love the pics! Also, love the line where he said he loves family...um, mom & dad!