Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

Sunny San Diego

My wonderful husband allowed me to get away for the weekend to go and visit Dyan in San Diego.  I got a screamin' deal on airfare a few months ago.  It was $50 plus taxes so it ended up being $70 round-trip!  I hope they have a deal again ... I want all of us to go this time.  Brian said the kids were easy and he went over to Scott and Misty's for dinner both nights so he had adult stimulation.  That helps so much.  Thanks Misty and Scott.

Dyan and I had a relaxing weekend which was just what I was looking for.  We were able to catch up on gabbing.  That's what I love about Dyan.  We always have so much to talk about.  It's a lot about nothin' really.  The weather was beautiful ... I'm guessing a high of around 70 degrees.  The weekend went by too fast for sure.

We went on a whale watching excursion the first day and saw 5 gray whales.  Dyan got a little sea-sick so we had to go up to the top (and freeze).  I looked over at her at one point and she was as white as a ghost .... I told her to sit and breathe and not to talk!  Turns out we had the perfect spot to see all of the whales so it worked out and she felt better in the fresh air after a few minutes.  Dyan has a better picture of this one.  After she sends it to me, I'll post it.



Monte (her husband) was great.  When we got home from whale-watching, steak dinner was ready and on the table.  We also had potatoes, salad, corn and bread.  Later that evening he drove us to and picked us up from Mr P's Pub.  They had a rockabilly band so it was a fun evening.



We went for a walk on the beach to collect sea shells for my kids on the 2nd day and saw wreckage on the beach which she's never seen before.  I jokingly said, "What is that?  A shipwreck?"  Well, that's what is was alright.  It was a gaming ship called the S.S. Monte Carlo and it sank in 1936.  The recent storms have washed away the sand that usually entomb the ship.  Here's more of the story if interested.



A self portrait.


We also saw the movie, "It's Complicated" on base on the 2nd night.  Can you believe they are free on the naval base?  If you like a good chick-flick, go and see it.  Brian wouldn't have liked it but we did.  What a great time ... back to reality with laundry and cleaning now.  I wanna go back!!

No comments: