Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

M's Valentine's Day

M sat down Thursday night and wrote out all of his cards.  He had no problem reading and writing all of his friends names.  Towards the end, he got a little sloppy but who cares.





About half-way through, he called for some help so Dad stepped in to spell the names for him.



M had a Friendship Party on Friday.  Brian and I were both off so we were able to attend.  Here's a cute photograph of M with one of his buddies.



I was at one of the tables helping the kids make a bookmark.  Boy, was it stressful!!  Some of the kids needed a lot of help.  I think by the end of the activity I was covered with glue.  Thank goodness Brian was there to help!  He's patient and wonderful.



They listened to a book while the parents set-up the food.  M's in the front row.



Passing out his cards.  He loved this part.



Another one of M handing out his 3-D Dinosaur Cards.



Whew ... am I tired.  I worked a 12 hour shift on Saturday and then doubled back (with 4 1/2 hours of sleep) for another 12 hour shift on Sunday.  Brian worked today, so Misty and I took the kids to Bouncetown.  I'm so ready for bed but want to watch the Olympics.  M loved watching the snowboarders earlier today.  We were all yelling, "USA, USA."  It was a fun evening.  M's been so sweet to me.  He made a necklace yesterday for me for Valentine's Day on his own.  Today he's told me 2 or 3 times how much he loved me and that he was lucky to have me as his Mom.  Where did that come from?  I don't know but I love it.

K's been a little bit of a stinker and testing me more and more lately.  It's just her age.

No comments: