Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Silly Kids

This is the longest I've gone without blogging since I started in 2008.  I don't have any real reason, I just haven't felt like it.  Maybe a little burnout ... but I'm back now.  I really need to start taking more pictures. 

I hosted a playdate a few weeks ago.  Kyla invited Josh (her boyfriend) over and Mason had Drew, our neighbor over.  The kids had a great time.  I need to do that more often. 

Indiana Jones/Fashionista's.  Satchels and jewelry.  Just couldn't resist snapping a picture of this.  Kyla is finally becoming girly!!!  Big news, people.  I've been waiting for this.  She loves pretend jewelry but doesn't want anything resembling real jewelry and likes girly outfits now.  She asked me to round brush and blow dry her hair before going out to breakfast the other day.  She tells me she will get her ears pierced when she's "older" and no way will she let me paint her nails!  Surprisingly, our gym is having a Spa Day and she can't wait to go to that.


Aww, aren't they cute.



Best buds.


Let's see ... what's been going on around here.

Mason - He missed his first day of school ever yesterday.  Wednesday night I went away with 2 of my friends on a girls trip.  A well deserved trip, I might add.  Brian said Mason woke up screaming in pain about 5:45 am on Thursday morning.  He said his leg hurt, he couldn't bend his leg or bear any weight on it.  It took about 4 hours before he was even able to bend it.  Brian said he rather enjoyed being waited on hand and foot by he and Kyla.  He went back to school today but had quite a limp for most of the day and stayed in to help Mrs. Ashby during recess.  He loved the extra time with her!  He's doing much better this evening. 

He's starting baseball tomorrow and seems excited about it.  One of his friends is on his team and he has the same coach he had last year.  I have a feeling that next year he'll choose to play basketball instead.  I loves it and has been playing it during recess most of the time.  He has skills.

He's losing his front top tooth.  It's been loose for about 4 days and it's driving him crazy - I wiggled it today and it's not going anywhere anytime soon.  He looks goofy - the tooth sticks out and for some reason looks whiter.  Like a Chicklet.  I'll take a picture tomorrow.  He's all boy that kid.  He's currently obsessed with making armpit farts while in the shower.  It cracks him up. 

Kyla - She's doing great in preschool and absolutely loves it.  She's not ready to work on sight words or reading yet, she gets very frustrated and won't try so I've left it alone for now.  She loves doing work sheets and writing her letters so I can't complain.  Each day while Mason is doing his homework, she wants to worksheets (her homework). 

Funny story.  The other day I told Mason it was time for his homework and she came running out the playroom and said, "I want to do my homework too!"  Mason looked at me, rolled his eyes and said, "Of course, she does.  Sisters ... who needs them."  I must have laughed for 5 minutes.

Kyla didn't want to play T-Ball this year, she said she would try it next year which is fine.  I'm going to sign her up for dance or something as soon as I find out when Mason's practices will be.  She loves music and dance and asked me to take her to a Taylor Swift concert sometime.

She is little miss independent and does so many things for herself these days.  She will only ask for help if she absolutely can't do something or if she's "too tired".  She's helpful and loves to help me with chores.  She cleans the litter box, sprays the laundry with stain remover, dusts, does the windows, gathers laundry and on and on.  She's my little buddy for sure.

She LOVES shopping and especially the mall.  She asks to go often - this evening she asked if we could go to Target in the morning and get a Starbuck's and walk around.  We started at a new gym a few weeks ago and while walking around in there she asked me if they had a Starbuck's upstairs.  Everyone around us got a good laugh out of that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Drew will smile nicer next time, we promise.