Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

San Francisco

Last Sunday, Brian and I took the kids to San Francisco for the day.  The California Academy of Sciences was letting EMS personnel get in for free during the month of February so we figured we'd take advantage of it.  It turned out to be such a beautiful day in the city - sunny and 75 degrees.  I don't think it's ever been that nice for us.  Neither Brian or I could care less about the Superbowl and we knew there wouldn't be any crowds that day.  I am really enjoying traveling with the kids now that they are older.  They appreciate it so much more and just a joy to be around (much easier than being at home).  Mason absolutely loved the Aquarium and wanted to go through it a second time at the end of the day ... Kyla was interested for a few minutes but then asked for my iPhone (she didn't get it).  We all really enjoyed the rain forest part. 

After the Academy of Sciences, we walked around Golden Gate Park and the kids played on the play structures.  The park is amazing, I can't wait until the kids are older so we can all ride our bikes around the park ... it's huge.

Before heading home, we went to Fisherman's Wharf for dinner.  The kids loved looking at all of the seafood, seeing the street performers, the lights and the Golden Gate Bridge.  While walking around, Kyla stopped to look at the sunset ... gosh I love her.  It was a great day.  We hope to go back in a few weeks when Mason's on break.


When the boys went through the aquarium again, Kyla and I colored.


Playing at the park.


Love that face.


Weeeee!


Sharing an ice cream with Dad.


A photograph I took inside of the rain forest.  Love it.


Are they cute or what?  I love Kyla in hats.  Now if I could get her to wear other accessories ... not gonna happen.

1 comment:

~she~ said...

How nice! I'm headed to San Francisco (for the first time) at the end of the summer. I can't wait! I even know what Fisherman's Wharf is now (after looking for hotels in the area)! 75 degrees sounds heavenly right now!!!