Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

M's Soccer Tournament

The kids had a soccer tournament last weekend.  They played well and very hard but were playing teams with much older and more experienced players.  It was a seeding tournament ... K played against girls that were 5 and 6 years old.  No competition for a group of 4 year olds (all 1st timers).  M's team also played older teams.  I'm not sure why they didn't match them up better.  Either way, the kids had a great time.  M really enjoyed it.  The games are so much for fun than practices.  Almost makes me want to get on a soccer league.  Almost.  I've never played soccer in my life.  Looks like a blast though.

I was giving the kids a little pep-talk during breakfast the morning before the tournament and told them to just get that ball and get it in the goal.  M looked at me with the cutest face and said, "I'm going to be FIERCE out there, Mom."  Too funny, huh? 



Aren't they cute?  I can't believe how tall K is.



They love making silly faces for photos.



Love this picture of him (minus the Cheetos in his teeth).  I can't help but notice it!



My fierce guy.



Hustle.



He is all muscle and soooo fast.




It starts so early, doesn't it?  Boy crazy already.  He doesn't look like he minds it much.


So proud of M.  Although homework has been an absolute nightmare, I'm trying to be positive.  He had his 1st Math Test today (as far as I know his first real test ever).  Well, he got 31/35 (88 %).  He missed 2 because his 4's were written backwards but the answer was correct.  His handwriting looked somewhat neat as well.  Let's keep it going. 

On another positive note, M's reading is rapidly improving.  I have had to go to the Library often to stock up on books because he is just going through them.  He's realized he can stay up later if he keeps reading.  I think he's ready to advance to a Step 2 Easy Reader.  His teacher is going to start sending books home weekly (Book Buddies) that will be chosen based on his level of reading.  Curious to see what she sends home.  The ones I have been getting are a little too easy.

Today, out of nowhere, K said, "Mom ... I'd love you even if a bad guy shot you in the face!!"  What?!?  Sweet, I guess. 

M has been going through such a Scaredy-Cat phase.  WOW.  He won't go upstairs without someone going with him, is afraid to go into a dark room and even puts his head under the covers when he goes to sleep.  Brian said that it started after watching Scooby-Doo, Mystery Inc.  Let's just say those are no longer on my TIVO.  Thank goodness he still goes to bed without any problems. 

Dreading the winter.  K said, "Mom, I'm so glad it doesn't rain anymore.  I'm sooo scared of the rain."  Well, I informed her that it would start raining again pretty soon.  She told me at least 3 or 4 more times that day that she didn't want it to rain because she would, "have to sleep in my bed!!!!!"  Oh, boy.

1 comment:

BUDDercupMom said...

Your kiddos are too cute, and I can't wait til mine gets into sports too!!! I remember I had so much fun with that growing up!! How do I "follow your blog" so that everytime you have a new post it pops up? I didn't see a link like there is on mine? I'm still learning this blog thing! Thanks Melis!