Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Best Buds

Last weekend (the 11th) we had J (M's good friend from Preschool) over for a play-date after soccer.  The kids were so excited to see each other that J couldn't wait and insisted his mom bring him here (early) instead of us going to pick him up.  It was cute ... his mom texted me around 10 and asked if she could please just bring him over because he was driving her crazy!  It's amazing to see these two together.  You'd never know that they only get to see each other every few months or so.  They just start over right where they left off and share a very special bond.  They laughed and giggled a lot.  We let J stay all day and we took him home after dinner.  He fits in with our family well ... not all play-dates are created equal.  I once had a really rough one and swore I'd never have that kid over again (and haven't).



We went to the pool but the big one was too cold for these sissy-la-la's so we ended up in the toddler pool.  It was a little warmer.  They still had a blast though.



Adorable.



Brian and the kids had a water-balloon fight in the front yard.  We need to do that more often ... good cheap fun.  I can't believe how fast they went through them.



Brian is cheating!


I am so proud of my hubby ... on Saturday he did the Alcatraz Swim.  He's been training for it for the last 5 months and finished in 41 minutes!!  Without a wet-suit.  He said he had a great time and can't wait to do it again.  Hopefully, I'll be able to go next time and take pictures.  Now he's talking about doing a triathlon or something.  Great job, Babe.

I have to complain for a minute.  Lately, I feel like I have a newborn at home.  What is going on with my kids ... getting up several times a night?  Last night between the 2 of them they came in 5 times between midnight and 5 am!!  They want a drink or they want to be tucked in or K's animal fell out of bed or they are thirsty  or potty or K wanted to have her craft project that we had done during the day in her room!!  Are you serious?  It's 12:30 in the AM and you want me to go downstairs and get your tissue paper pumpkin for your bedroom!  Why can't she just pick "Puppy-Doggy" up and put him back in bed with her ... why do I have to do everything?!?  It's no wonder I'm exhausted all day ... every day.

The good new is that my kids have been getting along so well lately.  They have been helping each other and playing together ... I'm seeing the benefit to having my kids so close together.  Yahooo!

Looking forward to our upcoming trip to San Diego.  We're going to visit our friends, Monte and Dyan.  While we're there, we're going to Legoland and Sea World.  The kids are so excited ... especially for the airplane ride.

2 comments:

The Esslinger Family said...

I am so excited for your San Diego trip!! We want to take the boys there.. let me know how it goes :)

~she~ said...

We went through the getting up at night thing too (not as bad as your situation though). We had to set special rules...you can get a drink out of the bathroom sink, you don't have to tell Mommy when you have to potty, etc. And yes, by all means, pick up your own doll when it falls! :) Cute.