Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Ventura

I flew down to Ventura, CA to visit my sister, Carol and her husband Johnny.  I haven't seen them in a few years ... I feel awful even saying that.  Such a shame that we don't get together more.  I'm going to try to do better with that.  Now that my kids are older (and I have such an understanding husband) we should be able to see each other more often.
 
1st night we went out to dinner and watched a movie at home.  Of course, I fell asleep.  If I'm not playing on my iPad and I'm horizontal, I'm going to be sleeping ... unless its a great movie or one of my favorite shows.  Just can't help it.  Sorry. 
 
 
They took me sightseeing on Saturday.  We visited The Cross.  Such a beautiful place atop a small hill. 
 
 
I love this one.  She reminds me so much of my dad. 
 
 
My sweet niece, Jazmin.  She's Mason's age is such a great kid.  Love her.  She's so cute, she takes her American Girl Doll with her everywhere. 
 
 
Tony's Pizzeria.  Yum.  Has been there about 50 years.   
 
 
Visiting the Ventura Harbor. 
 
 
I love all the colors in this photo.  Such a chilly day. 
 
 
 

 
 
Silly girls. 
 
 
We have to get together more often. 
 
 
Wine time - the guy photo bombing us is Carol's friend and owner of the bar. 
 
 
It was such a relaxing weekend.  No worries or kids to tend to.  Smile.  We watched several episodes of Mob Wives, watched football, ate, drank and just talked.  Can't wait to do it again.

No comments: