Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Visiting Aunt Joy

My mom was visiting Aunt Joy in Michigan during our trip to Chicago so instead of flying home with the family, I took a train ride to Grand Rapids to visit all of my family in Michigan.  I don't think I've seen them (except Aunt Joy) since I was about 8 years old.  The timing was perfect and I was able to spend 3 night there (thanks also to my wonderful hubby).  She has Alzheimer's and repeatedly had to be reminded of who I was but each time I told her, I was able to see how happy she was to see me and the delight in her face.
 
I loved seeing all of the cousins that I haven't seen in so many years.  Most of them, I don't even remember seeing.  So fun.  Thankful I made the trip.
 
 
My mom and I took her for a walk.  I love how green everything is in Michigan.
 
 
Just look at how beautiful she is.  77 years young.  This is evidence that taking good care of your skin morning and night works.  She just used Oil Of Olay too.
 
 
Sisters.  Love.
 
 
Auntie and I.  Love her so much.
 
 
Mom being silly and trying  to give Aunt Joy a good scare.  Didn't work, she wasn't even phased.
 
 
Hanging out in her chair.

No comments: