Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Roscoe Dog

I'm trying to catch up on my blog from 2012 so it's actually June 2014 and I found these pictures of Roscoe with the kids.  It's strange how a photo can make you feel happy and sad all at the same time.  It makes me incredibly happy to see how much we loved Roscoe and how much of a family member he was too us but makes me so sad not to have that old lazy dog around anymore.  What I wouldn't give to have him for just another week.  I'd let him sleep on the bed and get him In & Out burgers to eat (have done that before).  Lots of love.  Funny how you only remember the good parts, right.  He was a complete jerk for the first 5 years of his life.  He stomped around our room in the middle of the night and when you'd let him out, he'd wait until you just get back in bed to grumble to get back in!  We couldn't keep anything on the counters or the table.  He was always looking for a snack (didn't have to sweep the floor after the kids ate though).  We have Trixie now, don't get me wrong ... she's a great dog but in no way a replacement for Roscoe.  We all miss you boy ... love you lots.















No comments: