Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Trauma

We've been a Trauma Center for a little over 2 weeks and let me tell you ... it's been absolutely crazy. Don't get me wrong ... it's been fun so far but it seems as if we are getting a lot more trauma patients than we anticipated. The other day, during day shift, they got 7 trauma activations in 30 minutes. What?!? Granted ... most of the activations are limited (meaning ... they aren's really that bad but could be based on mechanism) but it still involves a lot of man-power and documentation. At least on my shifts, we are also getting more walk-in trauma than we used to. Did word get out to the gang-bangers that we are a Trauma Center now or what? I've also had an increase in the number of sicker patients in the last few weeks. Last night I was in the trauma/resusitation room and I had a code, 2 trauma's (all limited and fine) and just as I was getting off a stroke alert.

This is so true. Click to enlarge.

No comments: