Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Yellowstone National Park - Part 2

I knew Yellowstone would be beautiful but I had no idea how beautiful it would be.  It's over 2 million acres and is filled with waterfalls, rivers, meadows, wildlife, geysers, hot springs and so much more.  I'm having a difficult time choosing the pictures for my blog because I took over 1300!  I'm going to make a photo book of just Yellowstone pictures when I get the time.  So for now, I'm just choosing the pictures I like at random.
 
 
Driving through Idaho, Brian spotted a cow moose and 2 calves.  It was a-mazing.  We were sure that it would be super easy to find more moose once we got into Yellowstone but these were the only ones we saw.   
 
 
 
 They stood and looked at us for a good long time.
 
 
They have the most enormous dandelions in Idaho.  Couldn't pass up this photo-op.
 
 
Woo-hoo.  Montana!
 
 

 
 
My loves.
 
 
 Our first geyser spotting.  Phew.  Gotta love the smell of rotten eggs.  I think by the end of the trip, we were all used to it.
 
 
Norris Geyser Basin - the hottest geyser basin in Yellowstone and home to the largest active geyser in the world, Steamboat Geyser.  It can reach up to 380 feet tall but doesn't erupt often.  They last major eruption was in 1991.
 
 
The sky in Wyoming is absolutely gorgeous.
 
 
Yay, we're all in a picture together!

 

No comments: