Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Daddy/Daughter Date

Kyla had been planning on going to the Daddy-Daughter Dance at the Community Center but when Brian tried to get tickets, they were sold out.  Who would have thought?  Well, Kyla was initially bummed but once she found out she still got to go out with Brian on a "date" she was over it.  So Saturday night rolls around and she insisted that Brian not only take her out but he had to take her all the way to Midtown because she wanted to go to Joe's Crab Shack.  The kids love the Popcorn Shrimp there.  She got her dress and wedges on and out they went.



Once they got there, it was an hour wait but she insisted on staying.  Brian couldn't believe what she ordered ... pizza!  That girl.  After dinner, Brian took Kyla to Rick's Dessert Diner before coming home.  He's such a great Dad and Husband.  


A FEW KYLA FUNNIES

Kyla - Mom, is it true that someone has a stroke in America every 53 seconds?
Me - Yes Kyla, strokes happen often.
Kyla - But only to old people, right?
Me - Yes.

Later that evening Kyla was having a mini meltdown about not wanting to clean up her room and said, "I think I'm having a stroke!!  While crying, "I can move my arms and talk but I can't move my legs!"  Waaaaaaa.  

I was coughing this morning (I've been coughing for a month) and Kyla said, "Mom, are you feeling sick today?"  I said, not really, why?  "Well, did you know that Kaiser Permanente has an app where you can talk to a doctor and stuff?  It was on my radio."

We went to a Sacramento Kings Basketball game a few weeks ago and they have one of the sling-shot thingies that shoots T-Shirts out of it.  Well, the kids were all into it and they shot one to the section right next to ours and an older man tried to catch it but was fumbling around and dropped it.  Kyla yells, "Butterfingers!"  That girl ... she's funny without trying to be.

No comments: