Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cards for a good cause

One of the local radio stations is collecting cards to give out the patients in the hospital on Valentine's Day.  I'm always looking for a reason to get out my crafty stuff and the kids wanted to help.  Here we are getting our creative juices flowing.




Kyla and her friend Isa (our neighbor). 





Mason enjoyed himself too and is very careful with my stuff ... a lot more than she is!  I need to get her a set of stamps and pads of her own! 





All on her own.  "I am very sory you are sick.  I hope you can go back to school rely qick (quick).  Get beter son (soon).  Cute, huh? 





I really wish you were not sick.  Get better SOON!  I love his kissy lips too. 


So, Kyla still sneaks in bed with me on the nights that Brian is gone.  It doesn't bother me a bit, I actually enjoy snuggling with her.  She's only going to be little for so much longer.  She often whispers me sweet nothing in the mornings and this morning she said, "I love your pretty face, Mommy."  Melts my heart.    She is so giving and kind hearted too.  I told her that we needed to go through her jammie drawer and give some of the older ones to the good will because her drawer is so full and she said we should give them to the foster children.  She said she heart on the radio that the Sleep Train stores were collecting them.  We Googled it and sure enough, they are.  They have to be new though.  We'll give ours to Goodwill and get some new ones to donate.  Smile.

Kyla Funny - Not long ago she was getting ready for school and said she was going to dress like Johnny Cash.  I admit, I was a little worried.  She came out in a Black/White checkered shirt, dark jeans and black boots.  She's something, that girl.

Mason has been a Lego Fanatic the past few weeks.  Specifically Lego Ninjago.  He recently found 2 sets that he hadn't finished because we packed them up during the move.  This morning he was up at 6:15 building.


The kids seem to be making more friends at school and I've met 2 friends!!  Hanging out at the park after school has been great for all of us.  Loving this great weather.

No comments: