Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Bald Eagles

As I type this, I'm sitting in the Juror Waiting Room at the Sacramento Superior Courthouse.  You know, I don't mean to gripe, I understand that it's our Civic Duty and all but it really is a pain the the rear.  It sounds like I'm going to be here all day.  Even if I'm excused from one case, I have go back to the Juror Room and wait ... just in case they need me for another.  Really?  I was supposed to work today but now I can't (and won't get paid either).  Fingers crossed that I don't get picked.  

We went to Nevada during the kids week off of school, they call it a Ski-Week and Brian and the kids had every intention of skiing but Brian badly sprained his ankle.  We decided to go to Nevada anyway and Mason and Grandpa went skiing.  Brian went shopping with the girls.  Painful for him I'm sure.  :-)

We saw the coolest thing while we were there.  Apparently, this is the time of the year when the cows give birth and the Bald Eagles come over to eat the afterbirth.  SO WISH I would have had my big lens (be quiet Brian ... he always teases me that I never have it when I need it).  That thing is heavy to carry around.  If you look closely, you can she four bald eagles in this one.  Such beautiful creatures.










No comments: