Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Making our new house a home

We have been in our new home for about 2 weeks and can't tell you how much we love it.  It's quiet and peaceful and the neighborhood is great.  Our neighbors across the street brought us a lovely bouquet of flowers to welcome us to the neighborhood.  You can't tell by the photos just how huge this is.  We had to run to Michael's to get a bigger vase.


Chocolate chip cookies ... love my kitchen too.


The kids and I picked out some flowers to plant in containers.  Mason didn't want to help me plant but Kyla was a huge help.


She's a hard worker and doesn't even mind grunt work.  She'll clean out the kitty litter box, pull weeks, garbage, etc.


Mason's room.  We bought a huge mural of Dodger Stadium for the wall and when we get time, we'd like to frame it with molding.  His room was painted a greyish color with a tint of blue. 


Baseball bedding from Pottery Barn.


Kyla wanted to help paint her room so we let her roll for a little while.  We picked out the lightest shade of pink we could find but it's definitely pink, wow.  She couldn't be happier.


I made this out of buttons.  Pinterest inspired, of course.


I decoupaged the K's, painted the "How sweet it is canvas" and bought the prints off of Etsy.


Girl explosion.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melissa! Thank you for all the updates! I've been thinking about your family and I was just wondering today how the big move went! The new home looks BEAUTIFUL and in such a fun area. Hoping the kids are loving their new school! I've got a great group of kids this year, but Kyla will always hold a special place in my heart! Please tell her I said hi. :)

Sending lots of love to you all!