Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Westlake Open House

I always look forward to Open House at the kids school.  It's a great time to chat with all of the teachers and see some of the hard work they've been putting in.  The kids could hardly wait to show me around.  Bummed that Brian had to work so I had to attend by myself.  We started in the kids classrooms and then went to Spanish and Art.  


Mason did this during the first week of school.  He answered the questions and she typed it.  Loved reading this.
It says ... 
MASON
Silly, nice, tough, rough
Brother of Kyla
Who loves chocolate, myself and Lego's
Who feels weird, sick and bored
Who gives high-tens and high-fives
Who wonders if I'm going to break a bone
Who likes to give hugs
Who is able to play sports
Who dreams about falling in lava
CYR


Standing in front of his ladybug art.


And Sunflower hands.


They grew sunflowers in the classroom ... his was the tallest.




Mason's marlin and diamante poem.


Tadpoles.


More of Mason's work





Kyla is quite the budding little artist.  I couldn't believe some of the work she has done in Art Class.  Seriously, just look at this.  Her art teacher loves her too.


And another one.  Wow, I love all of the colors and how much work she put into this.


Kyla showing me around her classroom.


Over the past few weeks, they've been working on a animals from the safari.  Elephants!


Her classroom was decorated in a Safari theme.  It was so cute, there were animal print balloons, all of their bags with their work were decorated in animal print and the kids even made binoculars and showed us around the classroom with their binoculars on.  So creative.





No comments: