Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Pumpking Carving

We had a great time carving pumpkins last weekend (and even roasted the seeds).  This was the first year that the kids were into it and actually helped.  In the past, they've helped for about 5 minutes and then lost interest. 


M drew his own design on the pumpkin and even used the pumpkin cutter to cut it out.  Look at the concentration.



Scary faces.



Grandpa Mike (Brian's Dad).



K and I did her pumpkin together and we used a template for the face.  K even did a little of the carving and loved pushing the pieces out after I cut them.  I wish I had gotten more pumpkins so we could each do our own.  Next year.



Ta-Da.



K's ghost.  Isn't it cute?



M's pumpkin.  He almost did the entire thing by himself.  Grammy Carol helped some.


What a great weekend we had.  It's so nice to have family around ... I just wish they were closer.  M often says, "I miss my family" or "I just love my family, Mom".  They both get so excited to see everyone but especially M. 

K and M played soccer on Saturday and each had their very best games ever.  M's team won for the first time and he got so close to getting a goal several times.  He's so fast and often takes the ball away from the other team.  He'll dribble (is that used in soccer or just basketball??)  all the way down the field and pass it off to someone and then they shoot the goal.  Man he wants that goal soooo bad and I want him to get one!!  His games are so exciting.  I never knew how much fun watching your child play sports could be.  Wouldn't miss it.  He made the All Stars and is so excited about it.  His tournament will be December 4th.

K did well last week also.  Must have been the audience.  She was more aggressive than she'd ever been and really paid attention.  She even fell down 5 or 6 times and jumped right back up (except for the time her hand got stepped on).  I was a proud Mommy.  They bring so much joy into my lives (and exhaustion).  I love parenthesis don't I? 

No comments: