Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Camping at Folsom Lake

We couldn' t wait to try out our new trailer and only had one night off together so Friday night we went to Folsom Lake which is only about 30 minutes away. We stayed at Beale's Point Campground which was very nice and had a great beachy area. The only downfall was that our campsite didn't have much shade. Thankfully the weather was gorgeous ... in the 70's. It definitely cooled off that night and we weren't really prepared for it. I'm sure the kids were cold ... I know I was. First thing in the morning, I turned the heat on.


After we arrived and set up camp, the boys went fishing and K and I headed to the lake for some water play. I don't have a lot of pictures of M because he wasn't around when I was taking them.

Time for marshmallows. Both kids agreed ... this was their favorite part of the trip.

Cute one.


M is such a chicken when it comes to fire. I guess that's good, huh? We told him if he wants to be a firefighter, he is going to have to be around fire. This was as close as he would get ... he didn't even get it close enough to cook the marshmallow!

Now this is what I call roughing it. Even though we let the kids stay up much later than usual, they woke up at 5:45 am. We brought the laptop so they would stay in the trailer and watch a movie (and not wake the entire campground up). They watched Wall-E.

1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

It looks like you guys had fun! I have a picture of the boys "roughing it" watching Toy Story-good times!