Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Open House at School

We recently went to the Open House at the kids school and had such a great experience there.  (Bummer, Brian worked)  One of the things I missed about our old school was knowing all of the parents and being able to chat during school events or after school.  It's not easy being the new parent either.  ;-)  Well, I'm starting to get to know some of the parents and kids ... I think having both kids in sports and other activities has helped a ton with that.  We started out in the MP Room (Multi-Purpose) room and then went to each of the kids classrooms to see some of their school work ... my favorite part.
 
 
 Kyla's picture is on the bottom with the white dress on.  Looks like a nurse to me.  Smile.



 
So colorful. 
 
 
Mason made some sort of tribal mask for his project.
 
 
So cool.  Want to see him put it on.
 
 
We were blessed with such wonderful teachers this year ... love her.


Mason's persuasive letter to me.  Such a crack up.
 
Dear Mom,
 
Do you need time?  If you do, please send me to soccer camp.  Can I please go to soccer camp?  First, I will pay by doing chores around the house.  Secondly, you can stay home, lie in bed while playing on your iPad for a week.  Lastly, I could have fun with my best friend, Jack.  You like Jack and I to spend time together.  I would like to do soccer camp.  You would like me to get out of the house. 

 
 
So, there's a girl in Mason's class (that sits right next to him) that chases him around the school and tells everyone that she likes him.  He's definitely not liking girls at this point (thank goodness) and to put it nicely, finds her such a nuisance.  Well, of course, they had to draw each other.  He was so stressed out by it.  Kept saying, "I just can't do it mom."  Here's the masterpiece.  Too funny.

 
 
And here's Mason.  Brian and I think it sort of looks like Beavis.  See below.
 
 
 
 
 
Mason made a book about baseball.  Can't wait to see it when it's done.
 
 
Kyla is lucky enough to have 2 teachers and she loves them BOTH.  Yay for teachers!  Such a great picture of her with them. 
 
 
Kyla's note about me.
 
My mom has brown eyes and brown straight hair.
She like to eat grilled cheese.
Her job is at Kaiser.

No comments: