Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sick Girl

Kyla came down with a fever and sore throat last Tuesday.  She was a little puny and had a temp on Wednesday so I kept her home from school.  On Thursday, her throat became so sore that she basically stopped eating and drinking.  She was even spitting into a rag/cup because it hurt so bad.  At one point, she told me, "I think I'm dying!"  Yep, that's her ... my little drama queen.  I couldn't help but giggle a little bit at that one (but didn't let her see me).  Throughout the night on Thursday she woke up crying in pain several times so on Friday morning I made her an appointment.  We saw her doctor at 10:00 am (I love Kaiser) and he took a throat culture and said we'd wait until the throat culture came back.  Saturday morning, Kaiser called me to let me know that she had Strep Throat (like I said, I love Kaiser).  Poor thing, no wonder she'd been so miserable.  

I sure hope I don't get it.  Brian was working so I basically spent 3 days with her confined to the house snuggling and taking care of her and getting breathed on.  She'd follow me room to room and want me to cuddle her ... needless to say, I didn't get much done around here but I did enjoy spending time with her.  She's growing up so quickly.  She is truly a wonderful girl.



I think dogs truly know when someone is sick.  Roscoe stayed right by Kyla's side most of the time.


UPDATE:  She's feeling much better today after 2 days on Amoxicillin.  She played with the neighbor kids today, caught up on 7 pages of homework (without complaining) and went fishing/kayaking with Brian/Mason.  She caught 3 fish today ... reels them to the boat herself!  Mason caught 2 also - the biggest one.    

Funny Kyla story.  She's says things out of the blue that just make me laugh hysterically.

KYLA - "Mom, I think that when boys are 10, they should just wear white underwear.  That's what Mason should wear when he's 10 years old."

MOM - "I'd look pretty funny in cartoon underpants wouldn't I?  What kind of underwear should you wear when you're 10 years old?"

KYLA - "Hmmm, I guess just polka-dots or something."

Where does she get this stuff from?

No comments: