Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

My newest hobby ... Goodwill Stores

I went to the Goodwill for the first time the other day and I can say I'm hooked.  I was looking for a fireplace screen and can you believe I walked into the Folsom Goodwill and it was sitting right there?  What are the odds of that and that it fits?  I thought I might need to paint it but I rinsed it off with the hose when I got home and it's absolutely perfect.  Score!


Goodwill ... $9.99.


Pottery Barn ... $249.00. 


I'd been looking at these handy-dandy beverage dispensers at Home Goods and Pottery Barn for some time now but didn't want to pay big bucks for it.  Found this one at Goodwill ... it's bigger than it looks and heavy duty.  The spout thingy is real metal not the fake plastic metal on the ones at Home Goods.  Love it.

Goodwill ... $6.99. 


Pottery Barn ... $79.00 


When I first walked into the store, my initial thought was that there was a lot of junk.  I was right, there was a lot of junk but I also found some great items.  The fun part for me is the hunt for a great bargain and knowing that I got a deal.  I got a serving dishes/bowls for entertaining, tons of chapter books for the kids at $1.49 each, a brand new Hardback Children's Dictionary for $2.49, a jacket for Kyla (I'll wash obviously) for $4.99 and a few Halloween decorations.  I can't wait to go back.

No comments: