Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Daisy's

Kyla has started with the Daisy's (younger version of the Girl Scouts) and had her 1st meeting on Thursday.  I love what the Girl Scouts is all about.  They encourage girls to have a voice, enjoy healty living and cultural diversity and awareness (and so much more).  She couldn't have been more excited for her meeting and couldn't wait to wear her smock and T-Shirt.  They earned the center patch of the daisy.

Her troop is selling cookies as well.  We've already gotten a few orders from friends and family but she really wanted to go out and sell cookies door-to-door today.  She sold 20 boxes today!  A lot of people weren't home, probably because of the 3 day weekend.  Just about everyone that was home bought some ... how could you resist a cute little 5 year old saying, "Um, this is my first year selling Girl Scout Cookies, so would you like to buy some?  They have lots of different kinds like Peanut Butter Patties."  It was ADORABLE.  She loved every minute of it and we would have stayed out longer if it wasn't freezing cold with gusty winds.  She kept saying, "This is my job ... it's a job right Mom?  I will not stop doing my job.  It's OK if they're not home.  I'm not worried or frustrated.  I'm kind of like a Mailman ... they don't quit doing their job, right?"

I figure we'll hit the pavement again tomorrow.  It was a good time ... I'm proud of my little Daisy.

No comments: