Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

1st day of school - 2011

Well, the day has finally come ........ the first day of school!  Kyla (and her parents) have been counting down for weeks and weeks.  She couldn't have been more excited about the big day.  Woke up early, quickly got dressed and was ready to go.  Mason, eh ... he's been there done that so I don't think he was much looking forward to school starting up again.  He missed his buddies but definitely enjoyed his summer break.  Brian and I won't know what to do with all this free time we're going to have.  We're thinking we might manage without them.  Swimming pool, lunch dates, movies, SLEEP, hanging out, etc. etc.  Several people have asked me if I cried watching my youngest go off to school.  Just tears of joy.  I'll miss the alone time I get to spend with her.  She's my little buddy, we enjoy a lot of the same things.  Her constant affection warms my heart.  I'm not sad because she is so ready, she's excited about her new adventure and being able to go to the same school as Mason. 


A first day of school picture.


Take 2.


He's starting to look more and more like a young man ... and acting like it too.  Stay this age forever!  How handsome is he?


He chose to use the same backpack and lunch bag that he had last year.  That's Mason, he never wants to get rid or let go of anything!  Saved me some $$$ though.


Of course, she chose a new backpack and lunch box for Kindergarten.  The preschool one simply won't do.  She's a big girl now.  I have to admit, her kitty-cat backpack is cute.


Looks like she's holding a flower but that's in the background.  LOL.


I realize, I took a lot more pictures of her on her first day than I did of Mason.  I took a gazillion pictures of him on his first day of Kindergarten also.  See here.  She's standing in line, ready to go to her classroom.


All eyes on the teacher.


There she goes.  Have a great day sweet girl.


OK, so this picture might make me a little teary eyed.  My kids are growing up ... I hope they always want to hang out with me.  I hope that Kyla and I will remain good friends, even when she's a teenager.  I hope Mason will still want to play catch and Super Mario Brothers on the Wii with me. 
As for my free time ------Woo-Hoo!

No comments: