Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

The newest addition to our family is ......

A beautiful kitten that we've named Lucy.  She's 5 months old and we got her today.  The kids and I have been talking about getting a cat for some time now ... Brian wasn't crazy about the idea but was out-voted.  The kids were so excited to go and get her today.  When we got there, they didn't have any kittens!!  Can you believe that?  I had made my mind up that we were going to get one today and we were so bummed.  As we were walking out, someone brought 3 kittens in!!  We took one look at her and knew she was the one for us. 

She's been pretty scared since we got home but is a little better now (since the kids have gone to bed).  Do you think she could be nervous because K picks her up by her neck?  M's definitely fallen in love.  M held her while we read tonight and said, "She's so cute ... her fur is so soft ... she loves me, Mom."  And on and on.  He held her all day.  I'd get to hold her for about 2 minutes before he'd say it was his turn.  One things for sure, she's not crazy about Roscoe yet.  After I brought him in, she began to hiss, growl and arch her back.  They're both inside right now but he's on the floor, she's on the couch and is watching his every move.  Roscoe could care less about her. 


Lucy.



M giving her love right after we got home.



K's turn.  This is later in the day.  Lucy scratched K's face already.  Roscoe was inside and K came screaming and running over to Lucy and she flipped out.  K mostly got her feelings hurt.



Such a cute photo.

K came running out of the bathroom today yelling, "Mom, I wiped my bottom after I poo-poo'd really well, I'm a Potty Trainer now.  Hey M, I'm a Potty Trainer now!"  Here's M ... "I heard you K."  Annoyed of course. 

She can be quite the brat stinker lately.  I was sitting at the table with her the other morning and eating something really dry.  I asked her if I could have a drink of her milk and she said, "no."  She wasn't even drinking it so I asked her again.  She said no again and began drinking it.  Then she took the rest, walked over to the sink and POURED IT OUT!!  Are you kidding me?  Let's just say we had a little talk and she got a time-out.  I wasn't happy with her behavior AT ALL.

I'm off to go and cuddle with Lucy ... now that I can finally have a turn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely cat, handsome boy.