Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

River Rafting - American River

Last weekend Jim (my brother-n-law) had a softball tournament in Davis so everyone came up to stay with us in Sacramento.  Congratulations to SLO-Cal (his team) for winning the Over-50 State Championship.  It was great to be able to watch them play on Sunday.  Anyways ... on Saturday Brian was working so I got a babysitter and the girls went river rafting down the South Fork of the American River.  My sister and niece had never been.  We had such a great time and can't wait to go again although we all decided we'd like something a little more intense next time.  I think we'll try the Middle Fork next time. 


Here we are before our trip.



Lacie took a picture of me while going down a rapid.  I couldn't stop laughing.



My niece, Lacie.



My mom ... pretending to be terrified.



My sister, Sue.  Funny story.  She was teasing our guide about not wanting to get her hair wet.  He told her that because she said that ... she was definitely going to get wet.  Well, not 20 minutes later, we hit a little rapid and sure enough out of the boat she went!!  She was completely drenched and he had to pull her back in.  It was hysterical.



Lacie fell backwards into the boat after "riding the bull".  That's what they call it when you sit on the front.



My turn at "riding the bull".



At picture of us with Jeff, our guide.  My mom and I went rafting with him last year and enjoyed it so much, we requested him again.

No comments: