Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July Fun

I met Brian in Sonoma the morning of the 4th so we could go to the parade. We've never been ... I'm not sure why because it was a lot of fun and lasted over 2 hours. Brian drove the tent trailer in when he worked his regular shift so we could just leave from there to go camping. The only place we could find to stay at was an RV Park in Rohnert Park which is about 20 minutes from Sonoma. After the parade, we went to set up camp at the RV Park. The kids ended up loving it because it had a charming Clubhouse and plenty of room to ride their bikes around. We relaxed there a bit and then it was time for the fireworks show in Sonoma. The show is put on by the Fire Department so we got VIP treatment all the way. We were able to park, hang out and party in our own area without anyone else around. They had food and plenty of drinks. I stayed sober so Brian could drink. We had the best possible view of the fireworks show and all I can say about that is WOW! The show was every bit of 45 minutes long with a grand finale of about 50 at the same time!! M loved it ... poor K was so exhausted from playing with all the kids that she fell asleep 5 minutes before the show started in my arms (thank goodness because she kept me warm ... it was freezing). I don't know how she slept through the loud noise but I'm glad she did because I think she would have been scared. It was the best show I've ever seen ... even better than the Disneyland fireworks!! We'll do it again next year if Brian doesn't work.

The boys. M made his hat at school ... isn't it cute?

K and da-da (as she calls him).

Hanging out in Town Square after the Parade. A decent picture.

I like this one of K.

A picture of the kids together. Not the best quality but I still love it.


I was driving the other day when I heard M whisper, "I love you" to K. She didn't hear him the first time so he repeated it ... then she said with the happiest voice, "I love you too, M." Made my day. I've been talking to M lately about how lucky he is to have a sister. I told him he always has someone to play with and how boring life would be without her. He has been a little nicer to her lately. It must have worked.

M Funny. The other day he and Brian were horsing around and he said, "you want some of this, punk??" He has been so much fun lately and such a big help to me.

K Funny. While in Costco today we passed the Maxi-Pads and K screamed, "look Mommy ... big band aids." I told her they weren't but she persisted so finally I just got out of that aisle. A few customers got a good laugh, for sure. I'll tell you what, if she thinks she is right, you're never going to change her mind. She is so stubborn.

The kids have been loving their swim lessons and are making vast improvements. M is starting to use his arms and actually swim (freestyle). He loves going underwater and is floating much better. K just has a blast ... she is doing well with the noodle and has relaxed a lot while floating. She is fearless.

K had her second day of school today and loved it. They had a Teddy Bear Picnic and everything was bear-themed today. When I got there to pick her up she screamed, "we had cupcakes with gummy-bears on top!!" They painted and made a Teddy Bear Puppet out of a small paper bag.

I have tons of pictures to post when I get time.

1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

I love the picture of you and the kids!!!