Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Bye, Bye "Fie" (Pacifier)

Well, the "Fie Fairy" came last night. Yesterday we got some of my craft supplies out and decorated a bag to put the fies in. We gathered them up from around the house and placed them on the front porch last night before going to bed. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. She cried going to bed and was sad but I laid down with her and we both fell asleep within a few minutes. She woke up twice in the night and whimpered a little but went back to sleep. She had the hardest time this morning (she woke up at 5:45). Normally she would usually get in bed with us and snuggle while watching cartoons with her fie. This morning she just couldn't rest, almost as if she didn't know how to without the fie. She cried, "want my fie" every few minutes or so. We went outside about 6:30 to see what the Fairy had left for her and she was so excited. There were 3 balloons and a Littlest Pet Shop Toy... we also scattered fairy dust (glitter). Both she and M thought that was cool. He fell for it also.

Brian said that when he put her to bed tonight (it's 11:50 pm on Sat night now) he knelt down by her bed and rubbed her back for about 5 minutes until she fell asleep. I guess she said, "I need something in my mouth." When I got home from work tonight she was asleep on the floor in the loft area ... she just about scared me to death.


The Fie Bag


One last look.


Putting them on the porch.
Off to bed.
Melissa

2 comments:

Diana said...

Way to go Kyla!!! I saw the pacifier fairy on Supernanny just last week, great idea! I think you officially have a big girl in the house now. Watch out!

The Esslinger Family said...

Congrats! She is doing great, it only gets better from here!